We Plan with You.
A Care Plan is a road map offering step-by-step guidance to help the older adult reach their optimal health and life situation. Each Care Plan developed by ElderCare Solutions (ECS) is uniquely tailored to the needs of the elder and their family/guardian.
Care Plans contain recommendations for the following types of services, as appropriate:
- Specific services recommendations, such adult day care or in-home caregivers
- Facilities recommendations, such as nursing homes or senior housing
- Referrals to healthcare providers, such as specialty physicians or therapists
- Suggestions for specific behavioral approaches for dealing with behavioral issues, including resistance and conflict
- Advocacy suggestions, including effective ways to work for the older adult in healthcare systems
Each Care Plan includes our recommendations and rationale for every aspect of the plan. We also suggest priority needs and short as well as long-term expectations and goals.
After discussion and agreement on the Care Plan, the elder and family/guardian will decide how they want ECS to be involved in the implementation. Options range from the family/guardian assuming full responsibility for implementatin of the Care plan to engaging ECS to assume many or all of the implementation responsibilities. Caregivers who are geographically distant from elders often elect to delegate more responsibility for implementation to ECS staff.
Implementation responsibilities may include:
- Selection and supervision of in-home caregivers
- Nursing home or senior housing facility selection and transition planning
- Attendance at medical staff and facility planning session
- Arrangement for equipment and services for in-home support
- Advocating on behalf of the older adult to ensure they attain the quality of life and care they desire
With ECS, older adults and their family/guardians can select the amount and level of service which best meets the need. Our expertise in caring for older adults and our familiarity with local resources make ECS an ideal partner. Call us at 630.416.2140 to learn more about how a Care Plan can help.